Friday 15 June 2012

Kamikaze binman - response from council


On 17th May I wrote this:
This morning at about 6.30 I was driving along the road behind our house when I came across a kamikaze binman. I stopped to let him cross in front of my car from the truck to the side of the road and then - blow me down - he then rushed in front of my car as I moved forward. Fortunately I managed to stop in time. When he reached the lorry I tried to move forward again - and once more he darted in front of me!! He's completely unscathed and I did manage to get home shortly afterwards.

So I contacted Eastleigh borough Council, with the result that today I received the following letter:
"The details of your telephone call of 17th May 2012 regarding the erratic behaviour of the refuse collectors have been passed to me to respond.

"Firstly please can I apologise that our staff behaved in this very unsafe and unacceptable manner.

"I confirm that we will e speaking to the refuse crew concerned informing them this is not acceptable and more care should be taken while collecting bins and crossing the road.

"I apologise for any distress this may have caused.  Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further problems regarding refuse collection.
Yours sincerely
Peter Evans
Wasrte Collection Supervisor for the Head of Direct Services."

So it pays to complain - or at least provide feedback!

1 comment:

  1. ...and that's exactly what I would written if I was waste collection supervisor!

    ReplyDelete