Friday 20 February 2015

Oakmount Road - the Saga Continues

 The Oakmount Road roadworks are back on again despite my having been told that they had been abandoned due to complaints and the weather.  The road is closed between the junctions with Carisbrooke Crescent and Constantine Avenue until 4.30pm


The man who was so helpful on Wednesday was abusive this morning when I tried to ask what the arrangements were, telling me to get off the road or he would call the police.

I had to ask several of the contractors just which section was to be closed and I got a different answer from each one, finally ending up with a definitive answer:  "between Sites 1 and 2."  I finally worked out that it is closed between Carisbrooke Cres and Constantine Ave.  They blame the Council for the confusion, but I'm sure it's not as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment