Monday 16 February 2015

Oakmount Road Update!!!




At 9.30 this morning Oakmount Road appeared to be open as usual so I phoned the Council - Hampshire Highways - on 0300 555 1388 and was unable to get through to the people who are dealing with these roadworks, so I left my contact details so they could return my call.  They gave the Reference 21142287. 

Later, we had to go into Eastleigh to do some shopping and were confronted with this at the junction with Oakmount Avenue:
However, when we returned home it was raining and the road was open as usual and the Highways Department still haven't returned my call.

It would have helped if the Council had stated that they were intending to repair the road in segments and explain which parts would be closed and when.



No comments:

Post a Comment