Monday 14 May 2012

Charity bags and leaflets

When I was on the doorsteps of practically all the houses in Eastleigh Central I noticed a vast number of unwanted leaflets and charity bags despite notices on doors asking for them not to be posted.

I also noticed a large number of leaflets partly stuffed into letterboxes, making it impossible either to push them through or to pull them through from the inside.  A pizza delivery company was one major culprit. 

In addition, I was really disappointed to see that many letters delivered by the Royal Mail were not delivered securely, either being left in porches with unlocked doors or even sticking out of the letterbox.  Although I wasn't elected on 3rd May, I intend to follow this up and report my progress.  I shall be asking both the council and Royal Mail how they intend to rectify this situation.

- so watch this space!!

1 comment:

  1. My 'toptip' for dealing with charity bags is don't just throw them in the bin - use them to line the bin!

    In fact you may never have to buy another pack of bin liners again!

    That is of course unless you have stuff you might like to donate in which case you can check to see if the clothing collectors are a 'bona fide' charity or whether it is just a front for unscrupulous rag traders by going onto this webisite:

    http://www.charitybags.org.uk/

    They maintain a database of Clothing collecting agenices.

    A further thing to consider is whether you should check with the council.
    Door-to-door charity collectors have to be registered with the local authority and bogus ones don't bother so if there is any doubts - report them.

    More details here:

    http://www.eastleighnews.org.uk/news/2010/11/19/charity-bag-warning/

    ReplyDelete